We understand that as a sports centre you won’t necessarily have the time or the man-power to create a temporary campsite, market it and process all the bookings on your own, which is why right from the start the team at ‘Camping at the Games’ will take on the bulk of the setup and admin. We aim to make sure everything is as clear and easy as possible for your club the whole way through.
So, this is how it works:
1. You read this guide and see if your club qualifies.
2. Talk about it with your committee and with the decision makers at your club to make sure you are keen.
3. We visit so we can meet each other, talk it through, answer any questions and make sure we are all happy etc.
4. Terms and Conditions are agreed and signed by both parties.
5. This is where Camping At The Games and Campingninja really get to work! We will:
- Set up a profile for your campsite on Campingninja and Camping At The Games.
- Nationally and internationally publicise, promote, market and advertise for 10 months using:
- Our social media outlets
- Our websites
- Advertising on Google and other search engines
- Press and media campaigns
- Our networks of partners (e.g Go Outdoors, Gelert, Vango etc)
- Process any cancellations, refunds, booking amends and queries from campers (phone and email).
- Process all of the bookings online using our secure merchant gateway.
- Absorb all card charges.
- Give you a login and access to your own campsite management area of our website to see all your bookings at any time.
- Send you a marketing pack full of ideas and resources to help you to market your temporary campsite to your existing networks.
6. We help you to finalise your volunteer and resource plan.
7. Next Summer you host people camping for the Olympics, and raise funds (and raise your profile) through the campsite bookings as well as at the bar, food outlet etc. And have a lot of fun whilst you’re at it!